Khajjiar is a small grassy meadow located in the picturesque Chamba valley. It is an important picnic spot whose quiet environs beacon the tourists traveling between Dalhousie and Chamba. The stopover at Khajjiar is a welcome break for the weary tourists.
Khajjiar is located in the northwestern part of the state of Himachal Pradesh, in the northern region of India. It is perched at an altitude of 1951 m above sea level. Khajjiar is 22 km from Dalhousie and 24 km from Chamba. The climate of Khajjiar is alpine. Summers (April-June) are mild and winters (November-February) are cold and bitter. It experiences southwestern monsoon rains in July-September.
Best Time To Visit
The best time to visit Khajjiar is between March and June
The history of Khajjiar is linked to the rulers of Chamba. The local Rajput rulers ruled Chamba valley in the 6th century ad and made it their capital city. This region became the part of the Mughal Empire in the medieval period and later came under various Sikh kingdoms. Finally, it was taken over by the British. It became a part of the state of Himachal Pradesh when it came into being on April 15, 1948.
Khajjiar is a small grassy meadow (1 × 1 sq km) between tall deodar trees. This emerald opening amidst the woods has a small pond at its center. There are two floating islands in the middle of the pond; they are sometimes hidden from view by the tall grass that grows on them.
Khajjiar, known as one of the "most charming spots in the Himalayas," derives its name from its ancient, golden-domed temple of Khajinag. The 12th-century Khajinag temple is a small shrine dedicated to the local Goddess or the Devi. This temple is also known as the Golden Devi temple, as it is adorned with a golden dome and spire. Pilgrims visiting the Chamba valley often come to this temple.
A nine-hole golf course is an added attraction at Khajjiar.
How To Reach
By Road - Khajjiar is a small tourist spot, and can only be reached by road. It is well connected with other towns in the Chamba valley. Buses from Chamba (1½ hour) and Dalhousie (1½ hour) stop at this picnic spot. Travelers can also hire taxis from either Dalhousie or Chamba to reach here. One can explore the pristine beauty of this spot by taking a walk in the meadow and around the small pond.
Please carry the documents given below
Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (Aadhar Card, Driving License, Voters ID, etc,
Passport and Visa important to foreigners
Medical Certificate (First part should be filled by the Doctor and Second part by the Trekker)
Terms And Conditions
For all the services contracted, certain advance payment should be made to hold the booking, on confirmed basis & the balance amount can be paid either before your departure from your country or upon arrival in INDIA but definitely before the commencement of the services. Management personnels hold the right to decide upon the amount to be paid as advance payment, based on the nature of the service & the time left for the commencement of the service.
Apart from above in some cases like Special Train Journeys, hotels or resorts bookings during the peak season (X-Mas, New Year), full payment is required to be sent in advance.
Mode of Payment:
Overseas advance payment can be made through Wire Transfer to our bank.
In the event of cancellation of tour / travel services due to any avoidable / unavoidable reason/s we must be notified of the same in writing. Cancellation charges will be effective from the date we receive advice in writing, and cancellation charges would be as follows:
- 45 days prior to arrival: 15% of the Tour / service cost
- 15 days prior to arrival: 50% of the Tour / service cost
- 07 days prior to arrival: 75% of the Tour / service cost
- 48 hours prior to arrival OR No Show: No Refund
Note: Written cancellation will accept on all working days, except Sunday, Any cancellation sent on Sunday's will be considered on next working day (Monday).
For the X-mas and new year period from 20 Dec to 05 Jan the payment is non-refundable.
In case you cancel the trip after commencement, refund would be restricted to a limited amount only which too would depend on the amount that we would be able to recover from the hoteliers/ contractors we patronize. For unused hotel accommodation, chartered transportation & missed meals etc. we do not bear any responsibility to refund.
Trekking, Tour and adventure actives in Himalayan region carry an inherent risk to life and goods. The natural calamities may cause injury and loss of life, which is beyond any control. Tour Uttarakhand does its best to minimize all types of risks, discomfort and hazard to the best of their ability, yet there are chances of accidents, mishaps and deficiency in service.
- Any delay from the customer’s side will lead to cancellation of trek/ tour/ adventure activities.
- Trekking Tour Adventure maybe cancelled due to some unavoidable circumstances i.e- weather condition, govt. notification, land sliding or any other natural calamity.
- Trekking in Uttarakhand reserves the right to discontinue, modify any trek, tour & adventure activities without assigning any reasons or without any prior intimation whatsoever.
- Anybody found to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs medically or physically unfit (any serious ailment, weak heart conditions, epilepsy, asthma, expecting mothers etc.) unfit for any reasons in the wisdom of the trek leader/guide/instructor will not be allowed for trekking /tour/ adventure activities. Request for a refund or a discount in such situation will not be entertained. Decision of the trek lead/guide/management in this regard would be final.
- Total decided package cost will not be affected if there is any reduction in the number of persons
- Minimum required 50% of amount to get confirmed the trek/tour/adventure activities.