Triund trek package
Weekend getaways to the mountains are always refreshing, especially if you stay in a noisy and polluted city! Triund trek is one of the easiest and most stunning Trekking in Himachal Pradesh. The trek starts from McLeodganj near Dharamshala, which is said to be the place where Dalai Lama stayed in exile when he came from Tibet to India. The place showcases the vibrant and distinct Tibetan culture, and you will be fascinated to see the splendid monasteries, prayer flags and wheels, and the lamas. The landscape offers you alluring views of Dhauladhar Ranges, namely Mun, Rifle Horn, Arthur’s seat and Slab. Triund is accessible in all the seasons, in fact it looks like a wonderland when covered in a blanket of snow. In summers it is all about verdant meadows. You can choose to return from the trail that passes along the upper reaches of the Bhagsu waterfalls. Hiking down beside the gushing waters will make your trip more memorable.
You can start the trek from McLeodganj or Dharamkot. The 7 KMS trail from Dharamkot takes you through Galu Devi Temple. You will witness some of the most beautiful vistas of the valley, and the sight of the Dharamsala Cricket stadium from a bird’s eye view will take your breath away! After a few steep ascents through the forest, you will reach the lush meadows of Triund Top. The sight of the snow covered mountains so close will make your fatigue go away! We will go further to Laka Got to get more panoramic views of the Kangra Valley. Night camping at Triund top will be one of the best camping experiences you will ever have. Sleep underneath the blanket of a starry sky and admire the inky blue sky which is a rare sight in the cities!
- Overnight camping at Mana Village with beautiful views of the Kangra Valley.
- The perfect destination for occasional or first-time trekkers.
- Trek through lush green meadows and see waterfalls, snow-capped mountains all around.
- Daily Availability: Fixed daily departure for even a single member.
- Free Facility: Facility to change, freshen-up and keep your extra luggage at basecamp.
Detailed Trek Overview
Triund, near Mcleodganj, is a perfect trekking destination for first-time or occasional trekkers. In this trek package, all arrangements are already taken care of. All you have to do is enjoy the short adventure trip with our experienced guide. Triund lies at the foothills of the sublime Dhauladhar range. Triund offers panoramic views of the peaks on one side and the luscious Kangra valley on the other. Total trek distance of 9 kilometres takes 4-6 hours and takes you to an altitude of 2,875 meters. Last one kilometre of the ascent is a little steep and requires some effort.
The trail of the Triund trek goes through a forest with a myriad of trees from oak to deodar and rhododendron. Because of its natural beauty, the trail is famous amongst youngsters. Every weekend trekkers from all over India reach Delhi to take this trek.
While on the trek, there are many small tea stalls and cafes set up along the trail where refreshments can be had. At Triund Top, hot food is served and stay arranged in comfortable tents. Spend the night under the beautiful star-studded night sky. Next morning witness the exquisite sunrise at this in midst of high Himalayan peaks and take a light stroll till the snowline. Temperature and weather at this place are perfect from March to June and August to November.
The return route from the Triund offers a variety of views and experiences. From dewy meadows to the gushing Bhagsu waterfall – no better way to end the Triund trek.
Triund Trekking Package Itinerary:
Day 1: Report at Dharamkot Base Camp by 8:00 AM and Trek to Triund Top and Overnight Camps in Mana Village
- You will have to report by 8:00 AM at the Base Camp in Dharamkot.
- At around 9:00 AM you may freshen-up and keep luggage for free of cost at base camp.
- Post which you will begin the 4-5 hour trek to Triund which goes via Dharamkot & Naddi.
- At around 1:00 PM you will relish the packed lunch on the way.
- Once you reach the Triund top (2875m) at 4:00 pm. you are free to explore the nearby area on your own.
- Post exploration in Triund Top, you would be heading downhill to Mana Village, which is about 2 kilometres from Triund Top.
- At around 5:30 PM you will be served snacks & tea.
- Hot and fresh dinner will be served at the campsite at around 8:30 PM, we camp overnight at Mana Village.
Day 2: Trek back from Mana Village to Dharamkot Base Camp
- Next day at around 7:00 AM you may freshen up and have breakfast at the scenic Mana Village campsite.
- At around 8:00 AM you may relax in early morning fresh air and visit Snow Line (optional).
- 10:00 AM will mark the check out time from Mana Village site and you will start the trek back to Dharamkot base camp.
- The trek ends as we reach back to the Base Camp in Dharamkot at 2:00 PM.