Trekking is undoubtedly of value to physical fitness but its aim
is not to produce athletes. It is an activity which should develop real
love for the mountain regions and appreciation of their grandeur.
Trekking leads to a closer interest in plants, trees, birds and animals,
indeed in all form of nature study. It inculcate the virtue of
sacrifice, the value of physical exertion, sometimes to the limit of
endurance, and above all, the spirit of comradeship. A sense of
adventure adds excitement towards the fulfillment of the goal.
Trekking is an art which any healthy and young minded person can learn at any age. But it is best to start early in life to get the most out of it. Trekking does not demand great strength or immense wealth but merely a desire and willingness to accept certain rough with the smooth. Once initiated into trekking, one soon learns that in order to enjoy one must minimize his wants on the trek. Yet there is no compromise with safety. Mere survival is not the freedom of the hills. There is no greater oppressor than wild nature in the raw.
A sound trekker is mindful of his own minimum needs. Trekking inculcates qualities of self-reliance, keeping fit and willingness to help. A trekker therefore, carries on his back-in miniature-his entire home, bed, kitchen and other needs on the trek. To achieve a sense of freedom the trekker must give up certain comforts and avoid burdening himself with the non-essentials. For, the trekker has no other power of locomotion but his own legs. He learns the camp craft to make himself comfortable outdoors.
Trekking In Garhwal Himalayas Garhwal Himalayas, famous world over for their picture perfect beauty, are considered amongst the best for trekking. Every year, numerous trekking expeditions and training courses in trekking are conducted by organizations like the Ganga Valley Adventure, an enterprise of Uttarakhand. Garhwal is home to some of the most famous trekking routes such as:
Kumaon, comprising the western hill districts of Uttarakhand, attracts a huge number of trekkers every year. Kumaon offers a host of interesting trekking routes promising thrill and adventure combined with abundant scenic beauty. Like Garhwal, here too, regular treks and courses in trekking are conducted by organizations like Ganga Valley Adventure, Kumaon is home to some of the most famous trekking routes such as:
1. Nanda Devi (7816 m, 25,636 ft): Nanda Devi is highest mountain peak in Uttarakhand. The Nanda Devi Peak summit is 7,816 m high located at Uttarakhand Chamoli District and Nanda Devi East is 7,434 m (24,390 ft) high in Pithoragarh Chamoli Uttarakhand.
2. Kamet 7,756 m (25,446 ft): Kamet peak is the second highest mountain peak in Chamoli District Uttarakhand and 3rd highest mountain in Indian territory. Kamet 29th highest mountain peak in the world.
3. Abi Gamin 7,355 m (24,131 ft): Abi Gamin peak is a Himalayan mountain peak situated in the Chamoli district Uttarakhand state in India.
4. Mana Peak 7,272 m (23,858 ft): Mana Peak peak is a mountain peak situated in the Chamoli district Uttarakhand.
5. Mukut Parbat 7,242 m (23,760 ft): Mukut Parbat peak is a mountain peak situated in the North East of Badrinath on Indo-China Border. (Closest Town Joshimath) Chamoli district Uttarakhand.
6. Hardeol 7,151 m (23,461 ft): Hardeol Peak is a mountain peak situated in the Kumaon Mandal Pithoragarh district Uttarakhand state in India.
7. Chaukhamba 7138 m, 23412 ft: Chaukhamba (Chaukamba I 7,138 m (23,419 ft) Peak is highest mountain peak in the Gangotri Group of the Garhwal Himalaya (Gangotri Group of mountains is a subdivision of the Garhwal Himalaya). Chaukhamba Peak four summits Chaukamba I 7,138 m (23,419 ft), Chaukamba II 7,070 m (23,196 ft), Chaukamba III 6,995 m (22,949 ft), Chaukamba IV 6,854 m (22,487 ft)
8. Trisul 7,120 m (23,360 ft): Trisul Peak is a group of 3 mountain peak in the western Kumaun region Uttarakhand India.
9. Satopanth 7075 m, 23206 ft: Satopanth Peak is a second highest mountain peak in the Gangotri Group of the Garhwal Himalaya Uttarakhand India.
10. Tirsuli 7,074 m (23,209 ft): Tirsuli Himalaya mountain peak situated in the Pithoragarh district of Kumaon Uttarakhand, India.
Ganga valley adventure trek to valley of flower was awesome great support and care taker by guide and tour member. We had a great time & look forward for another such trip. Kailash